[Avodah] how to fix a mamzer

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed May 18 04:10:33 PDT 2016

On 05/18/2016 05:28 AM, Eli Turkel via Avodah wrote:
>> I don't think there is such a distinction. Yichus determines whether they
>> are your children or not.
>
> Well, yes, that's what yichus *is*. >>
>
> Not necessarily. yichus refers to marriage. It might have nothing to do with mitzvot like honoring one's parents and other connections between parents and child

What are you talking about?  What does yichus have to do with marriage?
Yichus means genealogy, i.e. who is whose child.  Nothing more or less.

Of course marriage is an occasion when one is *interested* in yichus,
just as one is interested in health, character, and all kinds of other
things; would you say that "health refers to marrriage, and might have
nothing to do with topics like strength, diet, medical treatment, or
life expectancy"?!

--
Zev Sero               Meaningless combinations of words do not acquire
zev at sero.name          meaning merely by appending them to the two other