[Avodah] chumrah and kula

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue May 17 08:04:11 PDT 2016

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 05:54:21PM +0300, Eli Turkel wrote:
: Once one uses a DNA test I assume that one has to use the results.
: While a  shetuqi or asufi, can't marry at all is it clear that in terms of
: yichus this is worse than a mamzer vadai?

Exactly. Better to use a DNA test to make a shetuqi or asufi either
kosher yichus or a vadai mamzer than leaving him a shetuqi or asifu.
So I assume in such cases, we should use the DNA test; either result
is better than none. (And it's not a kivan shenitme'ah.)

micha at aishdas.org        3 weeks and 3 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Tifferes sheb'Netzach: When does domination or
Fax: (270) 514-1507        taking control result in balance and harmony?