[Avodah] Shiur for Kesem today

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun May 15 08:44:38 PDT 2016

On 05/15/2016 10:12 AM, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
> (For comparison, I suppose one might compare it to certain concepts
> in Eruvin, which might stretch credulity if hotzaah were a melacha
> d'Oraisa. [Tzuras Hapesach: An area is called "enclosed" because it
> is surrounded by doorless doorways. Puhleeze!] But since Eruvin only
> works where hotzaah is d'rabanan, they pretty much had carte blanche
> to set it up however they wanted.)

This is not true.  Mid'oraisa tzuras hapesach works in a reshus horabim
de'oraisa.  That one can't fix a r"hr simply by putting up four poles and
four strings is mid'rabanan.

--
Zev Sero               Meaningless combinations of words do not acquire
zev at sero.name          meaning merely by appending them to the two other