[Avodah] Hallel on yom haamayt

Harry Maryles via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri May 13 11:24:08 PDT 2016

On Friday, May 13, 2016 4:39 AM, Eli Turkel wrote:
> While I personally applaud the lessened chillul Shabbos that has resulted
> from this change, I am concerned about saying Hallel (et al) on a day which
> is not the actual anniversary.

> Actually the original declaration of independence was moved up one day...

RAS said Hallel on 5 Iyar no matter what day of the week it came out
on. That the Rabbanut moved that day forward or backward to avoid Chilul
Shabbos was not significant. The day that Israel was declared a state
is the day to say Hallel (and not to say Tachnun). One can review the
Halachic sources RAS used in his book 'Logic of the heart, Logic of
the Mind'.

HM
Want Emes and Emunah in your life?
Try this: http://haemtza.blogspot.com/