[Avodah] Hallel on Yom Haazmaut

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu May 12 14:57:32 PDT 2016

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 2:06pm RnTK wrote:
: From: Eli Turkel via Avodah <avodah at lists.aishdas.org>
:> A friend pointed out to me the gemara near the top of Pesachim 95b.
:> In discussing that there is no Hallel on Pesach Sheni the gemara brings the
:> Pasuk from Yeshayu "Ha-Shir Ye-he Lachem Ke-lel Hitchadesh Chag" Rashi
:> explains this to mean that the song (Hallel) will be sung when we are
:> redeemed at the end of the exile

: Clearly, then, it is not appropriate to say Hallel on Yom Atzmaut.

Nor on Chanukah?

Besides, what R' Yochananan mishum R' Shim'on ben Yehotzadaq actually
says there on that pasuq is that "laylah she'ein mequdash lachag, ein
ta'un hallel". Which would also exclude Chanukah.

>From context, I would say the gemara is asking why the existence of a
holiday qorban in particular is not sufficient to justify Hallel on Pesach
Sheini. So RY says, because the night is not muqdash to the qorban hachag.

As for Rashi, he is commenting on the quoted pasuq. "The song will be for
you -- on the day that you will be redeemed from the galus." "Like in the
night which will be santified chag -- like the way you are acustomed to
sing on the night which is sanctified chag. And you do not have a nightof
chag to demand shirah except the nights of Pesachim, on their eating."

Rashi is saying that Yeshiah 30:29 promises another holiday in which
Hallel will be said at night. Not a lack of other holidays with Hallel
for lesser reasons, nor even another holiday with Hallel at night before
establishing one to celbrate the complete ge'ulah.

micha at aishdas.org        2 weeks and 5 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Hod sheb'Tifferes: When does harmony promote
Fax: (270) 514-1507                         withdrawal and submission?