[Avodah] chumra and kulah

Arie Folger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri May 6 08:22:10 PDT 2016

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 5:14 PM, Eli Turkel <eliturkel at gmail.com> wrote:

> As Rabbi Folger states we try and avoid mamzerut. The question is when
> there are no children but one cannot get a "get" for some reason.
> Do we leave the woman an agunah or do we rely on the psak of RMF

Every case is judged on its own. I was just an eid to a get of the sort,
where certain kullot in the berurei sheimot were accepted because it was
such a kind of get lechumra. In other situations, we may be quicker to
allow a kitvu uttenu for a civil marriage divorce. As I said, every case is
judged on its own.

--
Arie Folger,
Recent blog posts on http://rabbifolger.net/

* Koscheres Geld (Podcast)
<http://rabbifolger.net/2016/02/15/koscheres-geld-podcast/>

* Kennt die Existenz nur den Chaos? G”ttliches Vorsehen im Jüdischen
Gedankengut (Podcast)
<http://rabbifolger.net/2016/02/14/kennt-die-existenz-nur-den-chaos-gttliches-vorsehen-im-judischen-gedankengut-podcast/>

* Halacha zum Wochenabschnitt: Baruch Hu uWaruch Schemo
<http://rabbifolger.net/2016/02/11/halacha-zum-wochenabschnitt-baruch-hu-uwaruch-schemo/>

* Is there Order to the World? Providence in Jewish Thought
<http://rabbifolger.net/2016/02/09/is-there-order-to-the-world-providence-in-jewish-thought/>

* What is Modern Orthodoxy (from a radio segment)
<http://rabbifolger.net/2016/02/08/what-is-modern-orthodoxy-from-a-radio-segment/>

<http://rabbifolger.net/2016/01/28/wir-missionieren-nicht-aber-warum-nicht/>