[Avodah] RMF Mattir Neder Gebrochts - stories from Poskim

Isaac Balbin via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon May 2 11:58:43 PDT 2016

R'MG Rabi has incorrectly assumed that I heard or similar, the words I
QUOTED from Mori VRabbi Rav Hershel Schachter. As a rule when I write
that it is a quote, it is a quote. I am an academic. In fact, it was an
email directly to me verbatim, which I received after Pesach from Mori
VRabbi. Again, it is wrong to make suppositions. I did not provide any
name in my question to him as that is entirely irrelevant.

Regarding your substantive question for the exact sources etc I will
ask, however, he is a very busy person effectively also the lone Senior
Posek for OU (has Rav Belsky a'h been replaced?) and RIETS as well as
his daily shiurim at RIETS and being Rosh Yeshiva and Kollel etc and
you will appreciate that his answer to the query may not be immediate.

Dr Isaac Balbin