[Avodah] RMF Mattir Neder Gebrochts - stories from Poskim

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon May 2 09:53:29 PDT 2016

On Tue, May 03, 2016 at 02:35:29AM +1000, Rabbi Meir G. Rabi via Avodah wrote:
: Indeed we ought to be much more careful before suggesting Halacha from
: stories and hearsay from Poskim.

Are you REALLY saying that RIB should not accept an answer he personally
received from his own rebbe? Or that we shouldn't accept that he can quote
that answer verbatum, albeit with a "(emphasis is mine)"?

If that's not sufficient evidence of a person's position, no quote on the
list works, and we might as well shut down.