[Avodah] RMF Mattir Neder Gebrochts - stories from Poskim

Rabbi Meir G. Rabi via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon May 2 09:35:29 PDT 2016

 R Isaac,

Please provide the references for the Shut Ramah and
the Rashi in the first Perek Beitza.

As for the Achiezer, that quite clearly supports the assertion that ONLY if
the practice of not being MeNaker the hind-quarters is associated with a
Halacha can it have any sort of binding power.

It is truly confounding to see some people asserting the views of various
Rabbanim without ever finding it necessary to actually do more than tell a
story or tell us that the Posek said "it" to a friend or "it" was heard
directly.

For example we just had someone quote RHS saying a Halacha from the Rama,
which the Rama does NOT say - this seriously undermines the credibility.

Neither should we accept the report that RHS Paskened that those who do not
eat Gebrochts require a Pesak that it is a Shtus because Hatarah does not
work since a community has followed this practice, and the entire kehilla
requires Hatarah. That's like an entire Kehilla following the practice of
using royal blue for the Paroches.

Suggesting Gebrochts which as we have documented has absolutely no Halachic
foundation, is a Dovor ShaBeMinyan, is pretty close to fantasy.

Indeed we ought to be much more careful before suggesting Halacha from
stories and hearsay from Poskim.