[Avodah] kitniyot

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon May 2 05:12:10 PDT 2016

1) Pots: Yes there are various opinions and customs on whether or
> not one needs separate pots. One guide said that while it is true
> that kitniyot are batel b'rov, still one shouldn't batel an issur
> litchatchila. Therefore, he recommended that if one wants to cook rice
> for Shabbat, don't cook anything else after using that pot.

I saw somewhere that ein veatlim issur lechatchila doesnt apply to minhagim.

Question: can one cook gebrochs on the 7th day of Pesach for the 8th day
(for those who
dont eat gebrochs 7 days). This was particularly relevant this year when
the 8th day was shabbat.

On a slightly different matter it is generally assumed that a store can
sell its chametz as it is hefsed merubah. OTOH there are communities that
don't buy chametz that has been sold.  Don't these contradict each other?
what good does it do the supermarket to seel its chametz if no one will but
it after Pesach?

--
Eli Turkel