[Avodah] cooking kitniyot in a peasdik pot

Simon Montagu via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Apr 28 08:20:51 PDT 2016

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 4:35 AM, Akiva Miller via Avodah <
avodah at lists.aishdas.org> wrote:

> His only source for this is Kaf Hachayim 453:27, which opens with:
>
> > Regarding keilim which were used for cooking kitniyot, for those who
> > follow the issur of kitniyot -- after 24 hours they are allowed.
>
> He cites *five* sources on this, but unfortunately, I cannot decipher any
> of the rashei teivos (which is par for the course, with me and the Kaf
> Hachayim).

What if I told you the Kaf Hachayim has an key to rashei teivot at the
beginning of the first volume?

Unfortunately it doesn't help much with ZR', which he already gives two
possibilities for, Zera Avraham and Zera Emet, and I've no idea which Zera
Avraham, but PRH is the Pri Hadash, MHRLNH is R. Levi Ibn Habib, and `RH is
the Erech Hashulhan. That's as far as I can go before Hag!