[Avodah] Rav Sharki on university students

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Apr 27 10:21:10 PDT 2016

On 04/27/2016 12:12 PM, Micha Berger via Avodah wrote:
> 2- The Rambam believes that logic is a aspact of Truth, and therefore
> part of His Essence. And therefore that He cannot do the illogical.
> But this is no more a limitation of Omnipotence, in the Rambam's opinion,
> any more than His inability to create bloomfargs or any other meaningless
> nonsense clauses.
>
> The Ramchal says that logic is a nivra, and therefore Hashem can indeed
> create round squares and other self-contrdictory things.

CS Lewis agreed with the Rambam.  See my .sig

Chabad chassidus agrees with the Ramchal.  Hashem is "nimna` hanimna`os",
and "keshem sheyesh Lo koach bevilti ba`al gevul, kach yesh Lo koach
bigvul".  The purpose of creation, Chabad says, and of all our avodah,
is to make Him a "dira batachtonim", which is a logical impossibility.

--
Zev Sero               Meaningless combinations of words do not acquire
zev at sero.name          meaning merely by appending them to the two other