[Avodah] minhag avos

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Apr 22 09:11:36 PDT 2016

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 01:04:14PM -0700, saul newman via Avodah wrote:
: it all then comes down to minhag avos , and who is empowered to cast them
: off...

An earlier question... Given our lack of minhag hamaqom, do we want to
cast minhag avos off? What ties us to community if we're not connecting
"laterally" to our contemporaries if not our connection to the past?

Pesach is so experiential and so nostalgia driven, perhaps we should
harbor / develop enough attachment to minhag avos (mimeticism) for that
alone to motivate keeping qitniyos.

:-)|,|ii! (And a special :-)|,ii to any Granikim out there!)
-Micha

PS: Yes, I do appreciate the irony that in a post about preserving
minhag avos, I do a "shout out" to those who use 2 matzos at their
seder. Even though most of them are doing so in a choice of textualism
over mimeticism.

--
Micha Berger             Life isn't about finding yourself
micha at aishdas.org        Life is about creating yourself.