[Avodah] minhag avos

saul newman via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Apr 21 13:04:14 PDT 2016

between gebroks and kitniyos,  with our modern eye could we say one is more
justified or were both products of the time.   eg  gebroks was invented in
altererebe's time as a reaction to the nexus of thick matzos with
incompetent bakers.  kitniyos a reaction to legume-flour nexus .

today , almost all matzos are either mechanized or learnedly baked;  and
only thin matzos made in ashkenazi land [unless you order softmatza.com].
and though  legume flours like  chickpea are extant, the communities that
primarily use them never accepted this new minhag.

it all then comes down to minhag avos , and who is empowered to cast them
off...