[Avodah] Pre-Pesach Special

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Apr 20 08:42:53 PDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 08:17:29AM -0400, Cantor Wolberg via Avodah wrote:
: One thing that stands out in my mind is the symbol of the egg (l'zecher
: aveilut). It serves as a reminder of Tisha b'Av. Interestingly, the
: first day of Pesach is always the same day as Tisha b'Av.

The iqar is to have two cooked foods. Egg and shankbone is a layer on
top of that. Judging from the Ari's lining up the items on the ke'arah
with the 10 sefiros, wre are using the egg as the cooked food in memory
of the chagigah, and the bone to regall the qorban pesach.

One could link that to mourning, that we are mourning the real seder,
complete with qorban, as we sit down to our best-we-can-do one. And
we did lose the ability to make a qorban pesach on 9 beAv.

But the egg isn't really about aveilus directly.

Micha Berger             For those with faith there are no questions.
micha at aishdas.org        For those who lack faith there are no answers.
http://www.aishdas.org                     - Rav Yaakov of Radzimin
Fax: (270) 514-1507