[Avodah] Hagada's response to the rasha

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Apr 18 16:14:41 PDT 2016

On 04/18/2016 07:04 PM, Akiva Miller wrote:

> But now my question is about the Tam, who asks a very simple question, and gets a very simple answer. So he too should get the "v'af atah [...] emar lo" like the the chacham and rasha. But instead, the answer to the tam is introduced with "v'amarta aylav". This brings three questions, where the tam differs from both the chacham and rasha:
>
> 1) Why no "v'af" for the tam?
> 2) Why "amarta" instead of "atah [...] emar"?
> 3) Why "aylav" instead of "lo"?

Because he simply quotes the pasuk.  In the cases of the first two sons
he (for some reason) davka *doesn't* quote the pasuk's response (Avadim
Hayinu to the chacham and Zevach Pesach Hu to the rasha), but makes one
up for the chacham, and borrows the she'eino yodea lish'ol's answer for
the rasha.  For the second two sons he simply quotes the pesukim verbatim.

--
Zev Sero               All around myself I will wave the green willow
zev at sero.name          The myrtle and the palm and the citron for a week