[Avodah] cooking kitniyot in a peasdik pot

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Apr 18 08:09:07 PDT 2016

What is the status of cooking kitniyot in a pot on Pesach (for ashkenazim).
Outside of Israel this is relevant only for small children, sick etc.
In Israel it is relevant this year as to whether one can cook kitniyot on
the 7th day of Pesach for the immediate following shabbat.

All the seforim I have seen pasken that if one cooks kitniyot on Pesach in
a pot then one can either use the pot again for normal Pesach use either
that day or after waiting 24 hours.
I saw one newsletter that claimed that one needs to kasher the pot even for
use the following year !
He further claims that this is the standard custom. I have seen that RHS
allows use the same day. Does anyone know of others who require actually
kashering the pot even if it won't be used until Pesach next year.

--
Eli Turkel