[Avodah] how to 'fix' a mamzer

M Cohen via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri May 13 08:52:58 PDT 2016

R Tarfon at the end of the 3rd chap of kiddushin gives an eitza for a mamzer
who wants to 'purified' - to have relations w a shifcha which will produce
children avodim, and then free the children (who will then become regular
Jews)

2 questions.

1. What is the heter to free the kids?
(it's a torah prohibition to free them)

2. why bother in the first place. The kids are not related to him, and he
did not fulfill pru u'revu thru them
(the kids are m'yayachais to the mother, and not to him)

parenthetically I would think a similar kasha c be asked on a pasuk. Shemos
21:5
A Jew who is married to a regular jewess, has relations w a shifcha and kids
thru her (eved ivri)
He decides he wants to 'stay' with his shifcha (I guess his relationship
with his Jewish wife and kids isn't too good)
The posuk calls his shifcha and kids as 'ishti and banay' - why?

Mordechai cohen

=======
http://free.pctools.com/
=======