[Avodah] Moshiach Ben Yosef

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Mar 6 05:35:50 PST 2016

On 03/06/2016 06:25 AM, Isaac Balbin wrote:
> Shimshon is masoretic Nach, surely.
> How can that event not play into the scheme of things.

Why on earth should it?   What has Shimshon got to do with Moshiach?
Shimshon happened.  There is not the slightest hint in halacha that
he had any further significance.

> Based on what you say, the fact that the Rambam did NOT say Moshiach
> can be from the Meisim, as some Chabadbiks try to argue against, one
> should conclude it was merely yet another a throw away line in the
> Gemora and the halacha is clear: death is a failed attempt (as is
> failure to implement the requirements). Pass the ball onto the next
> who think they can achieve it Achishena?

What has this got to do with anything at all?

--
Zev Sero               All around myself I will wave the green willow
zev at sero.name          The myrtle and the palm and the citron for a week