[Avodah] Vayichad Yisro - Disparaging Non-Jews

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Feb 10 12:50:58 PST 2016

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 03:07:22PM -0500, Zev Sero via Avodah wrote:
: On 02/10/2016 02:58 PM, Micha Berger wrote:
:>1- Whatever geirus Yisro underwent, it didn't require it being after
:>maamad har sinai.

: There was giyur before Sinai, but it just meant becoming a naturalized
: citizen of Bnei Yisrael rather than whatever one was before.  There was
: no kedusha involved.

Agreed, but whaterver geirus Yisro underwent, it wasn't what we call a
geir tzedeq. One of the sources for learning milah utevilah is maamad
Har Sinai. Had Yisro (of this version) stayed, he would have undergone
entered Beris Sinai then, along with Benei Yisrael. But he didn't.

Aside from Rachav still requiring geirus, despite being a Qeini.

Micha Berger             Life is a stage and we are the actors,
micha at aishdas.org        but only some of us have the script.
http://www.aishdas.org               - Rav Menachem Nissel
Fax: (270) 514-1507