[Avodah] Moshiach Ben Yosef

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Mar 14 14:21:01 PDT 2016

On 03/14/2016 05:06 PM, Arie Folger via Avodah wrote:
> I wonder, must we believe that mashiach can appear any minute?

Yes.  "Hayom im bekoli tishma`u".  And the beggar at the gates of Rome
changing his bandages one at a time, because at any moment he might get
the call.

> Since ani verokhev 'al hachamor is be'ito, doesn't it rather follow
> that when mashiach will come, it will be a slower process?

How so?  First of all, who says it will be be`ito?  Second, what has the
donkey got to do with it?  Are you saying that since donkeys don't travel
as fast as horses or jet planes it will take him longer to get where he's
going?  But his "coming" is when he starts, not when he finishes.  And a
donkey can also set a fair pace; they even have donkey races!

> meaning, waiting for the signs so we can join the wave, gather around
> the mashiach as he becomes identified

Yes, and that could happen at any time.

> To begin the process, however, the candidate must first become a
> famous person and engage in royal activities

Nowadays a person can become famous within an hour.  #Moshiach

--
Zev Sero               All around myself I will wave the green willow
zev at sero.name          The myrtle and the palm and the citron for a week