[Avodah] Kosher Turkey and Women Rabbis and Mesorah

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Dec 4 10:30:14 PST 2015

On 12/04/2015 07:46 AM, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:

> But turkey is a whole 'nother story. What internal value system do
> you suggest drove that ruling?

Lehoros bein hatamei uvein hatahor.  On both sides it was a pure
question of halacha.  Nobody had a personal or ideological stake in
the matter.

> Let's take another example: Torah education for girls. Only a century
> or two ago, it was very clear to *some* that the Beis Yaakov
> activists were the ones who were driven by an agenda from *outside*
> our value system.

No it wasn't.   Whether one opposed or supported it, nobody accused or
suspected its proponents of having an agenda.

--
Zev Sero               All around myself I will wave the green willow
zev at sero.name          The myrtle and the palm and the citron for a week