[Avodah] chumrah leading to a kulah

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Dec 4 10:48:09 PST 2015

On 12/04/2015 01:33 PM, Micha Berger via Avodah wrote:
> Just as someone could be machmir both ways about grape juice: Someone
> could refuse to use grape juice for qiddush or 4 kosos and also refuse
> to drink stam mitz gafnum (or whatever you'd call it).

There is no opinion that grape juice does not become stam yeinam.  The
discussion over whether pasteurised juice can be used for kiddush was
an entirely unrelated question.   *If there were* people who thought
it was not stam yeinam it was out of pure amhoratzus.

--
Zev Sero               All around myself I will wave the green willow
zev at sero.name          The myrtle and the palm and the citron for a week