[Avodah] submission to an authority

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Dec 3 11:56:59 PST 2015

I think that without a rebbe, one is disconnected from the oral Torah,
from the eitz chaim. There feels something basically Karaitic about it.

The Rambam on Avos 1:6 appears to take "asei lekha rav" as an obligation,
not as Pirqei Avos's mussar "ought"s. Perhaps mirroring my intent when
I threw the phrase in there, just for sloganeering purposes.

BTW, I found this, by R' Jonathan Ziring (whose shiurim on YUTorah.org
were recommended here by others)