[Avodah] changing nusach hatefile

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Nov 23 17:02:26 PST 2015

On 11/23/2015 02:57 AM, Simon Montagu via Avodah wrote:

> This interpretation seems to be begging the question. You're assuming
> that RMF held that changing nusah is "wrong", but he doesn't say that.

Actually he does.   He says that he doesn't understand what heter the
chassidim had to change their nusach, and he cites and dismisses two
such alleged heterim.  However, you are correct that despite this

> but in the penultimate sentence of that paragraph he says explicitly
> "We don't object to those who made changes, for they surely had a
> reason that justified the change".

In other words although he can't think of a heter he assumes they must
have had one, and also a good reason, and therefore he won't second-guess
them.

--
Zev Sero               All around myself I will wave the green willow
zev at sero.name          The myrtle and the palm and the citron for a week