[Avodah] changing nusach hatefile

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Nov 19 07:16:44 PST 2015

On 11/19/2015 06:02 AM, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:

>> I understood RMF as paskeing that all chassidim MUST
>> halachically return to nusach ashkenaz.

> Please explain how you understood RMF that way. Turning "resha'i"
> (last line of the second paragraph) into a chiyuv is a big step,
>  and I don't see where RMF takes it.

More than that, he explicitly refuses to do so (line beginning "gorea`").

> Look at that Igros Moshe again. He concedes (5-6 lines from the
> bottom of paragraph two) that *adding* does not constitute a change
> of nusach, but on the other hand, there are cases where "hamosif
> gore'a".

He doesn't concede this at all.  On the contrary, he disputes it,
*because* there are cases when adding is subtracting.

--
Zev Sero               All around myself I will wave the green willow
zev at sero.name          The myrtle and the palm and the citron for a week