[Avodah] changing nusach hatefile

Akiva Miller via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Nov 19 03:02:56 PST 2015

R' Micha Berger wrote:

> See IM OC 2:24 -- what does he mean by resha'i"?

R' Eli Turkel answered:

> I understood RMF as paskeing that all chassidim MUST
> halachically return to nusach ashkenaz.

Please explain how you understood RMF that way. Turning "resha'i" (last
line of the second paragraph) into a chiyuv is a big step, and I don't see
where RMF takes it.

RMB again:

> Which gets back to the original topic -- when does
> kavanah and saying what you would like to say to your
> Creator override inherited nusach?

Look at that Igros Moshe again. He concedes (5-6 lines from the bottom of
paragraph two) that *adding* does not constitute a change of nusach, but on
the other hand, there are cases where "hamosif gore'a". RMF could have
given some examples of this, but he didn't. I suppose his answer to RMB
might be, "Do it VERY carefully."

Akiva Miller