[Avodah] Mitzvah Kiyumit

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Oct 27 14:57:51 PDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 05:46:17PM -0400, Zev Sero via Avodah wrote:
: >See Seifer haMitzvos, lav #355. The Rambam counts bi'ah before nisu'in
: >as a lav...

: Is the issur of haba al arusato mishum penuyah?!   I thought it was a
: separate issur (miderabanan)...

Again, see the lav in ShM. He says it's an issur up to chupah, and he
counts it, so we know he is talking deOraisa. Meaning, your take would
be an issur chal al issur for the groom starting at eirusin.

: >I am still wondering why the three clauses. If it's on the issur,
: >then "vehitir lanu..." isn't me'ein hachasimah.
:
: It is me'ein hachasima.  It delineates the extent of the issur: it
: begins now, and will end at the chuppah...

No reason to bring up the end of the mitzvah. Do we give a little
pshetl in hilkhos tzitzis before putting them on? The berakhah is on
the issur, not when it ends -- it's not mei'ein hashasimah.

And we have yet to find the Rambam saying there is a special issur
that starts at eirusin.

:                                            These aren't three random
: clauses.  It starts with the general command on all arayos, focuses
: on the specific ervah that has come into existence now, and says when
: it will end.

It's still three clauses, only one of which belongs in the berakhah.

Micha Berger             "The worst thing that can happen to a
micha at aishdas.org        person is to remain asleep and untamed."
http://www.aishdas.org          - Rabbi Simcha Zissel Ziv, Alter of Kelm
Fax: (270) 514-1507