[Avodah] Mitzvah Kiyumit

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Oct 27 12:52:23 PDT 2015

On 10/27/2015 03:43 PM, Micha Berger wrote:
> This is what I was saying earlier about making matzos. Even though
> ushmartem es hamatzos involves a number of mandatory activities, it's
> a lav. I know of no birkhos hamitzvah on lavin.

Except this one.

> But also... the berakhah mentions arayos, an issur created through
> eirusin that has little to do with the chasan's situation

What do you mean by that?  It's a brand-new issur that affects him
from now until the wedding, in "a yor mit a mitvoch".

> and a heter
> created through nissuin. I do not know how such a "group photo" could
> qualify as a birkhas haimtzvah.

I don't see where you're seeing a group photo.  This is one mitzvah,
the issur on arusos.

--
Zev Sero               All around myself I will wave the green willow
zev at sero.name          The myrtle and the palm and the citron for a week