[Avodah] Mitzvah Kiyumit

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Oct 27 10:12:04 PDT 2015

On 10/27/2015 11:54 AM, Micha Berger wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 09:50:33PM -0400, Zev Sero via Avodah wrote:
> : He says (or rather has someone say for him) a bracha, asher kideshanu
> : bemitzvosav.  If that's really a birchas hamitzvah rather than birchas
> : hoda'ah, then you have your answer.
>
> It would be hard to say it's a birkhas hamitzvah, as it refers to a number
> of mitzvos: the arayos, eishes ish... and only then it's "vehitir lanu
> es hanesuos [lanu?]..." which is said as a heter, not a chiyuv.

The bracha is said when the issur is created, not a year later when it
goes away.  It seems to me that it's the only birchas hamitzvah on a
negative.  "Thank you Hashem that I now have one more way to serve You
by abstaining from this new issur, though I look forward to when it will
be lifted."

--
Zev Sero               All around myself I will wave the green willow
zev at sero.name          The myrtle and the palm and the citron for a week