[Avodah] Mitzvah Kiyumit

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Oct 21 08:40:26 PDT 2015

On 10/21/2015 12:28 AM, Daniel M. Israel via Avodah wrote:
> On Oct 16, 2015, at 4:18 AM, Micha Berger via Avodah <avodah at lists.aishdas.org <mailto:avodah at lists.aishdas.org>> wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 10:39:33PM -0400, Akiva Miller wrote:

>>> Are there any other chiyim which are only once per lifetime?

>> I assume you mean that aren't definitionally so. Like you can only have
>> your second child once in a lifetime. Or receive a beris milah.

> Tangential to your point, but someone who regenerates his foreskin
> (apparently that is possible), would need to have milah again, AIUI.

Only midrabanan, because of mar'it ha'ayin.   The mitzvah can't be done
twice.  "Himol yimol afilu meah peamim" refers to tzitzin hame`akvin,
in which case the mitzvah was never done in the first place.

--
Zev Sero               All around myself I will wave the green willow
zev at sero.name          The myrtle and the palm and the citron for a week