[Avodah] Mitzvah Kiyumit

Daniel M. Israel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Oct 20 21:28:27 PDT 2015

On Oct 16, 2015, at 4:18 AM, Micha Berger via Avodah <avodah at lists.aishdas.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 10:39:33PM -0400, Akiva Miller wrote:
> : Are there any other chiyim which are only once per lifetime?
>
> I assume you mean that aren't definitionally so. Like you can only have
> your second child once in a lifetime. Or receive a beris milah.

Tangential to your point, but someone who regenerates his foreskin (apparently that is possible), would need to have milah again, AIUI.  And someone fulfills pru u'rvu (I assume that's what you are referring to with "second child") and then has children die chv"sh, would be chayuv to have more children.  So these are not really once per lifetime.

--
Daniel M. Israel
dmi1 at cornell.edu