[Avodah] Cancel Simchas Torah!

Prof. Levine via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Oct 8 13:28:13 PDT 2015

At 03:55 PM 10/8/2015, Saul Guberman wrote:
>A/A is for discussion. Â
>
>What does running a Minyan with your decorum
>rules and your timing have to do with cancelling
>the 7th hakafa to mourn a tragedy?  The premise
>of the piece that you posted is to have some
>mourning /awareness of tragedy during the Chag.
>  That is what I am commenting on.  We can
>have another conversation about the
>halalchically appropriateness of the various
>practices done in many shuls on Simchas Torah.

One more time,  I did not write the email that
you are referring to, and I personally never
advocated cancelling the 7th HaKafa.   However,
if I recall correctly, there were places that
made only 3 Hakafos and some 5,  so what is the big deal?

The entire ST has evolved and IIRC correctly 7 hakafos is not in stone.

YL