[Avodah] How does Prozbul work?

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Oct 15 09:15:53 PDT 2015

On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 01:33:28PM +0300, Marty Bluke via Avodah wrote:
: In other words these things did not happen simultaneously, pruzbul was
: enacted after shemmitas kesafim was already established.

Perhaps we can say Hillel decided that the need of the poor to obtain
funds meant that we should settle for making a pruzbul as a way of keeping
alive the memory of shemittah deOraisa, rather than practicing the full
shemittah derabbanan as a "lezeikher".

Micha Berger             Feeling grateful  to or appreciative of  someone
micha at aishdas.org        or something in your life actually attracts more
http://www.aishdas.org   of the things that you appreciate and value into
Fax: (270) 514-1507      your life.         - Christiane Northrup, M.D.