[Avodah] How does Prozbul work?

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Sep 16 14:54:32 PDT 2015

On 09/16/2015 05:47 PM, Micha Berger via Avodah wrote:
> Because the gemara has to explain why 2-1/2 shevatim needed as many arei
> miqlat as the rest of BY. And the answer is because those who settled
> for land on that side of the Yardein built a more careless culture.

Do you understand that question and answer?   How do the population
*or* the number of manslaughterers affect the number of arei miklat
needed?  Surely the only determinant is geography.   A manslaughterer
has to cover the same distance regardless of how sparse the population,
or how careful they are.

--
Zev Sero               I have a right to stand on my own defence, if you
zev at sero.name          intend to commit felony...if a robber meets me in