[Avodah] Chitzonios and Tereifos

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Sep 13 12:00:11 PDT 2015

On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 11:52:48AM -0400, Michael Poppers via Avodah wrote:
: A knife is an external tool.  The inside of a lung cannot be seen by the
: human eye without opening it.

The sun is also an external tool.

This is wh I think we need more nuance here.

It might depend on whether a hollow inside the lung is judged as a lung
that is defective in a way we can't see without a knife, or the hole is
a mum that we could be able to see ourselves if the ourside of the lung
weren't in the way.

But in either case, I still csn't articulste what seems to me to be
a obvious difference.

Micha Berger             Man is a drop of intellect drowning in a sea
micha at aishdas.org        of instincts.
http://www.aishdas.org                         - Rav Yisrael Salanter
Fax: (270) 514-1507