[Avodah] miryam bat batus

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Jul 28 12:44:12 PDT 2015

On 07/28/2015 03:23 PM, Eli Turkel via Avodah wrote:
> Interestingly wikipedia writes

I.e. somebody, perhaps with no more information than you or me, wrote

> i.e. Martha bribed someone named Jannai in 64CE. Not clear who this
> Jannai is but definitely not a king

Says who?  Why do you say that, especially when not only does the gemara
say he was a king, but we know that at the time the kehuna gedola was in
the gift of king?

--
Zev Sero               I have a right to stand on my own defence, if you
zev at sero.name          intend to commit felony...if a robber meets me in