[Avodah] why are we more lenient after chatzos on Tbav

via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Jul 26 16:32:45 PDT 2015

From: M Cohen via Avodah  <avodah at lists.aishdas.org>

There are several halachos that the  minhag is to be more lenient after
chatzos on Tbav

Business, sitting  on regular chairs, talis and tephillin etc

Why?

What changed in  the afternoon?

Mordechai Cohen

The mood of despair lightens in the afternoon because we are expecting the
imminent arrival of Moshiach.  I have read somewhere that some people
(Sefardim maybe?) have a custom to sweep the floor and tidy up the house on
Tisha B'Av afternoon in anticipation of Moshiach's arrival.

--Toby Katz
t613k at aol.com
..