[Avodah] child conversion

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Aug 23 07:20:01 PDT 2015

The recent court to allow conversion of under bar/bat mitzvah children is
controversial. The bone of contention is whether it is considred a zechut
for children to become Jewish when they grow up in a non-religious setting.

R. Rosen recently gave a list of rabbis that allow it (at least bideved)
and those that forbid it. I found the list interesting and not what I would
have guessed

Machmirim and not allowing the conversion:
R Yitzchak Elchanan Spektor, Sridei Eish,R. Kook and R. Yisraeli

Mekilim (at least bideved)
Bet Yitzchak, Mateh Levi, Achiezer, RMF, R. Elyashiv, ROY

--
Eli Turkel