[Avodah] If a woman can say "you do not need to redeem me and I will not give you peros"

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon May 18 08:23:46 PDT 2015

It should be borne in mind that there are still countries (including ones
with substantial Jewish communities) where the need for pidyon is at least
as common now as it probably was in Chazal's day.  Also that while in many
countries paying ransoms may be technically illegal, hardly anybody who is
r"l in that situation cares about this.

--
Zev Sero               I have a right to stand on my own defence, if you
zev at sero.name          intend to commit felony...if a robber meets me in