[Avodah] minhagei S'fira (was "Meron live")

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri May 8 11:58:30 PDT 2015

On 05/08/2015 11:21 AM, Michael Poppers via Avodah wrote:
> If one is asking about /minhagei aveilus/ during the "first days",
> one can also ask about the "second days" custom to observe /minhagei
> aveilus/ whenever Tachanun is said,  as the number of such days does
> not come close to 33 and one has to include Shabbos as well as either
> R'Ch'Iyyar or the /shloshes y'mei hagbala/ (all days when Tachanun is
> _not_ said) in the number.

Whose custom is that?  This sounds like the shita of Tosfos as quoted by
Mahari ibn Shuaib, which is that they died all 49 days, but we observe
aveilus only on those days when we don't say *techina*, which comes to
exactly 33 days (including Lag Ba'omer, which according to this shita is
not a special day at all).

--
Zev Sero               I have a right to stand on my own defence, if you
zev at sero.name          intend to commit felony...if a robber meets me in