[Avodah] Meron live

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu May 7 10:49:14 PDT 2015

On 05/07/2015 01:07 PM, Micha Berger via Avodah wrote:
> The Radbaz, R' David b Shelomo ibn Zimra was among the gerushei Sefarad,
> who ended up in Tzefas in 1513 and eventually end up in Egypt where
> he was RY (he taught the Shitah Mequbetzes, R' Betzalel Ashkenazi)

Who taught the Ari, who cut his son's hair at Meron on Lag Ba'omer.

Does anyone know whether the Shita Mekubetzes, beside being the Ari's rebbe,
was also related to him?  I haven't seen this anywhere, but how many Ashkenazi
families could there have been in Egypt at that time?

--
Zev Sero               I have a right to stand on my own defence, if you
zev at sero.name          intend to commit felony...if a robber meets me in