[Avodah] Looking for help with an analogy

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed May 6 11:48:38 PDT 2015

On Mon, May 04, 2015 at 7:07pm EDT, RYGB wrote:
: Can anyone here please explain how chazakos (d'mei'ikara, d'hashta)
: would relate to Schroedinger's Cat?

Quantum Uncertainty is more similar to rov than chazaqah.

And it could model how we can embrace conflicting majorities. Such as
in the case of two pieces of shuman and one of cheilev, and being able
to eat all three one after the other. (Or perhaps even in a ta'aroves,
but that just complicates the picture.) It would fit if we treat
the physical state of each piece of fat as
	( 2 |shuman> + |cheilev) / 3
rather than as a 67% chance of being shuman.

And then those things that were observed are immune from such weirdness,
much like qavu'ah.

That said:

The notion that wavefunction collapse is due to observation, the
Copenhagen Interpretation, was once taken as a given. But alternatives
involving entanglement, wave function collapse, multiuniverse theory,
etc.. have been gaining ground for decades. This parallel to qavu'ah
could be illusory.