[Avodah] Spouses with Conflicting Customs

Kenneth Miller via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon May 4 10:24:33 PDT 2015

R' Micha Berger asked:
> Anyone else see one answering the other?

You make a good point, but as I see it, they don't *answer* each other as much as they illustrate how complicated this subject is. For example, consider the case of a Bas Kohen who marries a Yisrael, or a Bas Yisrael who marries a Kohen. Her status changes upon marriage, but it will revert upon the death of her husband. - Unless there is a child, in which case her status will *not* revert. - Unless the child died too, in which case her status *will* revert. - Unless there is a grandchild, in which case she keeps her status even though her own child did not survive. (I probably messed up some of those details, but my point is that itis a very complex topic.)

Akiva Miller