[Avodah] Eretz Yisrael vs Medinat Yisrael [was: The Legacy of RSRH, Zt'L]

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Apr 28 13:50:37 PDT 2015

On 04/28/2015 01:32 PM, via Avodah wrote:
> The Lubavitcher Rebbe also never joined the Agudah -- I refer not to
> the Israeli political party but to the world-wide umbrella
> organization.  He had other reasons, perhaps for another time.  I
> think he wanted Chabad to be THE world-wide organization, he did not
> want it to be one of many competing Orthodox groups and derachim.

The Lubavitcher Rebbe at the time the Agudah was founded was the Rashab,
who in matters of askonus generally took his lead from R Chaim Brisker.
Lubavitch was a member of the Agudah's precursor, Machzikei Hadas, but
when MH merged with the Yekkes to form the Agudah, R Chaim put 18
conditions on his participation, and since they weren't satisfied both
Brisk and Lubavitch stayed out.

--
Zev Sero               I have a right to stand on my own defence, if you
zev at sero.name          intend to commit felony...if a robber meets me in