[Avodah] tefillat haderech

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Apr 28 09:45:37 PDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 11:12am EDT, RnTK asked:
: But to veer back into Avodah territory -- would it have been appropriate to
: say Tefillas Haderech at that time?  With shem umalchus?  (I assume you
: can always say it without shem umalchus.)

Tefilas haDerekh is never said besheim umalkhus. Sheim, yes, but not
malkhus:
    "Barukh atah H', shomeia tefillah."
No mention of "E-lokeinu Melekh ha'olam".

Also, when speaking about berakhah vs tefillah, Tefillas haDerekh refers
to itself as a tefillah. And notice also the chasimah is about hearing
the baqashah, not about the shemirah we're requesting itself.

micha at aishdas.org        3 weeks and 3 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Tifferes sheb'Netzach: When does domination or
Fax: (270) 514-1507        taking control result in balance and harmony?