[Avodah] Tachanun During Nissan

Kenneth Miller via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Apr 19 10:36:03 PDT 2015

R' Micha Berger wrote:
> I am now wondering: why those techinos and not Tachanun?

Let me add a few more data points:

Common practice in Nusach Ashkenaz is to skip Tachanun even for all of the Sefira days of Nisan, and also for all of the pre-Shavuos days of Sivan. (Note that NONE of the various minhagim allow haircuts on ALL of those days. Sounds like a great proof that tachanun takes all the kulos, even contradictory ones.)

I concede that this is davka nowadays, and I do not know what the practice was in previous centuries. However, it is difficult for me to imagine anyone ever saying Tachanun on Isru Chag. Perhaps that might answer the point I raised in my previous post about R' Akiva's talmidim being in EY, and that in EY there are only 6 days of Sefirah during Pesach; perhaps the "7" comes from including Isru Chag.

I should also mention Pesach Sheni, although that could lead to a messy argument over whether that is really "a non-Tachanun day" or merely "a non-Tachanun afternoon". So I won't mention it.  :-)

Akiva Miller