[Avodah] Tachanun During Nissan

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Apr 19 06:26:04 PDT 2015

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 12:19:38AM -0400, Zev Sero wrote:
: >Note that according to the Maharil  tachanun was originally said
: >during Nissan except for the days indicated!  I wonder when saying
: >Tachanun during Nissan ended. YL
:
: Not Tachanun. Techina, i.e. Kel Erech Apayim, Lamnatzeach Ya`ancha, etc.
: According to minhag Ashkenaz these are said even on days when there is no
: nefilas apayim, but not on Yomtov, Chol Hamoed, Shabbos, or Rosh Chodesh.

I am now wondering: why those techinos and not Tachanun?

After all, as the name implies (and the Gra emphasizes), Tachanun is
itself the core techinah. (Or perhaps "Elokai, Netzor Leshoni" is more
central, since that's the one we place immediately "basar tzelosana",
before aqiras raglayim.)

I would bet (if I had spare money to bet with) that's the same question
as asking why we're nofeil apayim for one but not the other.