[Avodah] RYBS's Talk on Hafkaas Kiddushin, Talmud Torah and Kabalas Ol Malchus Shamayim

Joseph Kaplan via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Apr 14 08:01:38 PDT 2015

"We must not tamper, not only with the halachos,

    but even with the chazakos, for the chazakos of which chazal spoke

    rest not upon transient psychological behavioral patterns, but upon

    permanent ontological principles rooted in the very depth of the

    human personality, in the metaphysical human personality, which

    is as changeless as the heavens above."

Can anybody explain what this really means? That is, explain it to someone
who doesn't use the word "ontological" in his/her normal speech.  I have
read it many many times but I still don't understand what the Rav is saying.

Joseph