[Avodah] "kesod siach sarfei kodesh"

Simon Montagu via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Apr 6 11:59:14 PDT 2015

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 9:28 PM, Micha Berger via Avodah <
avodah at lists.aishdas.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 01:28:24AM -0400, Zev Sero via Avodah wrote:
> : Nusach Sefard, in the introduction to the normal kedusha, says "kenoam
> : siach sod sarfei kodesh" -- like the pleasantness of the speech of the
> : holy serafim's conclave...
>
> Sod means conclave?

Yes, as in "besodam al tavo nafshi" in birkat Yaakov (Bereshit 49:6), where
it's parallel to "kehalam", or more directly connected to kedusha Ps 89:8
"sod kedoshim".

I couldn't say whether "conclave" is the original sense and "secret" a
derived meaning, or vice versa